Monday, November 12, 2007

Confession of a guilty mummy

This happened about two weeks back. I was in a rush to send over some food to a friend's place for a potluck gathering later on and go to another open house in between. We were in the car together and my daughter was sitting in front with her daddy.

We didnt use her car seat this time. So she was strapped using the conventional seat belt.

Then, when daddy went out of the car to send the first pot of food; i absently followed taking the 2nd plate.

I remembered that i didnt actually shut the back door hard. I know it was slightly ajar but i didnt know that it clicked and sort of locked .

Then when i turned back to look at the car, I saw Arina at the driver seat(!) and I just knew then that something was wrong.

She had actually managed to lock the door and since its central locking so you guessed it.

I can hardly describe how i was feeling then. When she looked at us and from our look, she must have sense that something was wrong and when she tried to unlock, she was already scared (i think) and didnt managed to.

I was scared out of my wits then. I didnt know what to do, how to think... Then when my sister called saying she was just leaving the house, and i remembered about the spare key.

Meanwhile, daddy-0 and i tried to ask her to wind down the window. She looked scared then so i guess she really didnt know or barely could hear what we asked her to do.

I was scared. Everyone around tried to help. My friend was already looking for a locksmith for us. I, on the other hand, was almost breaking down already.

At the end of it, we managed to get the spare key. And she was fine. Tired and sleepy but fine. And that was all that matters then.

This was a really bad incident for me and for her. I felt really bad til today.

Oh and please dont tell my mum!

5 Comments:

Blogger The Momster said...

i'm glad she's fine. lucky she wasn't thinking of acting funny and turned on the engine or what not.

imtiyaz was once locked in our room coz he woke up and locked the door himself. took some time to find the room key. and it's scary to think he might open the bathroom door and wander in.

a lesson for us all! :)

8:44 AM  
Blogger miss-cream said...

oh my god.. so this is the story? i can imagine how you felt nor - but anyone of us could have been in the same situation.. it's such an easy mistake to make!

the end bit of your post is funny though - that's just like me!

7:58 PM  
Blogger elly said...

nins,
the engine was on!! (i was terrified!) but if the engine wasnt, i wud hv broken the window i reckon.. :(

sha,
yeah, bad eh?!
the end bit, i had too. ;) juz in case :)

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear ething's ok then..well dear, we learn from mistakes kan..

11:10 AM  
Blogger elly said...

hi maya, how are u?! yeah..a huge lesson for moi! :(

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home