Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My girl at 34 months...

I got this update of my little girl from Babyc*nter yesterday.

“Ever catch your child talking to an
imaginary friend? Pretend friends can be a healthy part of your child's developing conscience and value system. They keep her company, provide solace, and even share the blame for the things your child wishes she hadn't done. By age 6, most kids lose interest in them. Until then, let your child enjoy the companionship while you commit these moments to memory. They'll make for nice reminiscences when your little one is all grown up.”

When I came home after work that evening, she had a lot to tell me. And funny thing was, she mentioned about her ‘friend’ and a ‘kakak’. I guess Babyc*nter was quite spot on. Hehe.

I even asked her what’s her friend’s name; to which she answer something which I cant quite understand.

She also mentioned about school ( this I am happy to hear; at least it shows she’s interested in the idea of going to school), about her daddy (coz daddy was away) and also her cartoon shows on tv.

Somehow rather she also said she also poo2 that day. I guess when her vocab is better, she would have a lot more better things to report to me. hehe

Don’t get me wrong; she doesn’t really tell me in a lengthy perfect sentence but those were the ‘reports’ that I had managed to grasp from her as she sat on my lap recapping what she did that day! ;)


The two girls in the picture however are her friends from the bazaar. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger The Momster said...

i love the pic!

there's this book by cecilia ahern abt imaginary friend... i don't remember the title but i have it at home! :)

8:52 AM  
Blogger elly said...

i should look it up. or maybe can i just borrow from you? :)

9:45 AM  
Blogger The Momster said...

no prob babe!!

9:15 AM  
Blogger miss-cream said...

that is such a cute photo!

imaginary friend for children that age is perfectly normal.. don't worry. i will always remember ashed's imaginary friend called 'sateng' (strange name i know) as he would be mentioned all the time. one day he even mentioned 'fatin' who was supposed to be sateng's sister!

it's all healthy i'd say.. one day these characters will just dissapear - so not to worry!

4:57 PM  
Blogger elly said...

yes, i dont worry about it much, sometimes find it amusing too.. hehe

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home